The original farm was near Dixon Road, off the A33, close to the electrical substation. The wood on the other side of Dixon Road (actually Taylor's Lane, as Dixon Road is on the other side of the fence in the Camp) was the site of the Pioneer Corps who do the engineering work for the Army but was never totally part of the military area. As this area was this “deemed military” at the time there is no evidence on any old maps. As it was not actually part of the Camp was one of the reasons that it was released after the war back into private ownership. When the farm was eventually sold the farmer had plans and even put down foundations for a new house beside the huge oak tree near the roundabout of Amport Road and Sunwood Drive.
In 2004 building started on “Sherfield Park”, a new development of homes approx. 1000 homes to the south of the Sherfield on Loddon Parish at Taylor's Farm. The name Sherfield originates from the old English ‘Scira feld’, meaning the ‘bright open land’.
Sherfield Park is situated to the NE of Basingstoke, which is about 5 miles away, and about 12 miles south of Reading, with local access to the M3 and M4.